Car accidents happen every day. Driving home from work can come with a life changing car wreck. Below are a few links that may help you navigate Houston highways and resources after a car accident.
Houston Car Accidents Can Cause Serious Injuries
After a crash, injured people and their families need may need help. Regardless of the severity of the collision, the people involved are left to deal with:
- Injuries and recovery,
- medical bills,
- property damage to their vehicle, and
- insurance claims for the repair of their vehicle and their physical harms.
Depending on the level the harms involved, families may be burying a loved one and left to pick up the pieces. Although these resources may be useful, a car accident lawyer may be necessary.
Resources After a Houston Wreck
It doesn’t matter what type of car accident you’ve had, whether you were a pedestrian hit by a car, involved in a motorcycle crash, or hit by a truck on the highway, you may need assistance. The following resources can be helpful for crash victims and their families.
- Houston Police Department
- Houston Fire/EMT Department
- Houston Superior Court – you may have to file suit to get the compensation that you need to recover from a car accident that isn’t your fault.
- Houston real-time traffic information
- Texas Department of Insurance – if you’re insurance company or their insurance company is acting in bad faith to deny your claim, you might want to familiarize yourself with the laws governing their conduct.
- Best Hospitals in Houston – get the medical care that you need and do your homework before you arrive, not all hospitals deliver quality patient care.
Dealing with an Insurance Claim After a Car Accident
Most of us will deal with insurance companies after an accident. The bulk of the population can’t afford to pay cash to have their car repaired or for their medical care. Working through the insurance claim process can be tiresome and frustrating. Sometimes your claim can be worked out with the insurance adjuster. Other times, you need the help of a personal injury attorney in order to get anywhere with the insurance company. You can help yourself through the claims process by keeping good documentation of the repair work done on your vehicle and of your medical care.
If you would like more information about handling insurance claims after a car accident, contact us, we can help.