Trips to any hospitals, including hospitals and medical centers run by the Army can result in substantial harm when medical malpractice occurs. We represent service members, veterans and their families in a wide range of Federal Tort Claim Act (FTCA) cases against Army hospitals across the country.
Medical malpractice can result in a number of injuries including:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Wrongful death
- Delayed or missed diagnosis
- Surgical neglect
- Birth injuries
HOW DO I SUE THE ARMY?
When filing suit against the government for injuries from medical malpractice at a military hospital, individuals must follow the strict rules of the FTCA.
- File a Form 95 with the correct federal agency.
- In the Form 95, state the nature of your claim and the sum of the damages sought.
- File the Form 95 within 2 years of the negligence.
Once the Form 95 has been filed with the appropriate federal agency, you must work with the agency to resolve your claim. If the claim cannot be resolved with the federal agency, you have the option of filing suit after the prescribed waiting period, so long as you file within the appropriate limitations period.
ARMY HOSPITALS WHERE MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CAN OCCUR
There are a number of Army Medical Centers across the country where medical neglect may occur:
- Bassett Army Community Hospital – Fort Wainwright, Alaska
- Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital – Fort Polk, Vernon Parish, Louisiana
- Blanchfield Army Community Hospital – Fort Campbell, Kentucky
- Brooke Army Medical Center – Fort Sam Houston, Texas
- Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center – Fort Hood, Bell County, Texas
- DeWitt Army Community Hospital – Fort Belvoir, Virginia
- Evans U.S. Army Hospital – Fort Carson, Colorado
- Fox Army Health Center – Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
- General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital – Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
- Ireland Army Community Hospital – Fort Knox, Kentucky
- Keller Army Community Hospital – West Point, New York
- Kenner Army Health Clinic – Fort Lee, Virginia
- Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center – Fort Meade, Maryland
- Lyster Army Hospital – Fort Rucker, Alabama
- Madigan Army Medical Center – Tacoma, Washington
- Martin Army Community Hospital – Fort Benning, Georgia
- McDonald Army Health Center – Fort Eustis, Virginia
- Moncrief Army Community Hospital – Fort Jackson, South Carolina (SC)
- Munson Army Health Center – Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
- Raymond W. Bliss Army Health Center – Fort Huachuca, Cochise County, Arizona
- Reynolds Army Community Hospital – Fort Sill, Comanche County, Oklahoma
- Tripler Army Medical Center – Honolulu, Hawaii (HI)
- U.S. Army Aeromedical Center – Fort Rucker, Alabama
- Weed Army Community Hospital – Fort Irwin, California
- Womack Army Medical Center – Fort Bragg, North Carolina
For a more complete list of Army Medical Centers, please see this site. http://www.ushospital.info/Army.htm
The attorneys of the Law Office of Mynor E. Rodriguez P.C. have years of trial and administrative experience. We are here to assist you with this technical process. Please contact us if you or a loved one has suffered medical malpractice at an Army hospital. Contact us now – don’t wait as it may be too late.